TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: Shenzhen, China
SALARY: Highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
JOB PURPOSE: The Project Manager will be responsible for overall administrative support of the Open Innovation Platform. Reporting to the Principal Investigator, this person will provide administrative support and manage aspects of procurement, scheduling, and communications for the Open Innovation Platform. In areas of overlapping concern, the Project Manager will work in close coordination with the GTSI administrative team. The successful candidate will have five or more years of experience in related project management activities. Fluency in both English and Chinese is required. The ideal candidate will have experience working within an academic setting and in an international context. This is a twelve-month position renewable contingent upon job performance and availability of funds.
GTSI (Georgia Tech Shenzhen Institute) is a Sino-Foreign Cooperative Education entity between the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA (Georgia Tech) and Tianjin University.
The Open Innovation Platform is a research, innovation, and entrepreneurship program of Georgia Tech and GTSI. The Platform will focus on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking, will enable rich collaborations between Atlanta and Shenzhen-based students and faculty and our external partners, and will create opportunities for entrepreneurship and business creation. The Platform includes the Technology Entrepreneurship Studio, a course sequence, incubator and accelerator; and the Project Studio, a hands-on project-based environment and class available for students and Affiliates in both Shenzhen and Atlanta. The Platform is housed within a maker and fab lab space situated on the GTSI campus.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· General administrative support to management and staff of the Open Innovation Platform including Principal Investigator, Entrepreneur in Residence, and Lab Manager.
· Coordination and support to external affiliates.
· Coordination and support to students participating in Platform activities.
· Financial tracking and management of Platform budget and procurement activities.
· Executive administrative support to Principal Investigator.
· Partner outreach, communication, and networking.
· Outreach and coordination with GTSI administrative team around areas of overlapping concern.
· Content management of Platform’s communication materials including social media.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Degrees required for this job: Bachelor's Degree.
· Years of experience required for this job: Five years.
· Preference is given to those who have demonstrated knowledge or experience with US and China educational systems and cultures.
BILLINGUAL LANGUAGE SKILLS:
· Proficiency in Chinese and English communication (reading, writing and speaking) is required. This position requires direct communication with international students, faculty members and administrators.
· For the job application, cover letter and resume must be provided in both English and Chinese.
· Applicants are required to submit a cover letter overviewing experience and fit for this position in both Chinese and English and a resume in both Chinese and English.
· Applications submitted in just one language will not be considered.
· Applicant material is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2020.
· Questions received to this email address in English and prior to this deadline will be responded to within three business days.